It is also documaneyted in an Adison Wesley Book
- By: Lee S. Barney
- Publisher: Addison-Wesley Professional
- Pub. Date: June 22, 2009
- Print ISBN-10: 0−321−60416−4
- Print ISBN-13: 978−0−321−60416−3
- Web ISBN-10: 0−321−60454−7
- Web ISBN-13: 978−0−321−60454−5
iWebKit is a file package designed to help you create your own iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad compatible website or webapp. The kit is accessible to anyone even people without any html knowledge and is simple to understand thanks to the included tutorials. In a couple of minutes you will have created a full and profesional looking website. iWebKit is a great tool because it is very easy to use, extremely fast, compatible & extendable. It is simple html that anyone can edit contrary to some other very complicated solutions based on ajax. Simplicity is the key!
It has the following advantages:
- Under active development
- Active user community
- Has an open license, free to distribute as long as you include the copyright/disclaimer
Initialy written by Joe Hewitt but now maintained in google code.
Here is Joes intro
A jQuery plugin for mobile web development on the iPhone,
iPod Touch, and other forward-thinking devices.
jQTouch is a jQuery plugin with native animations, automatic navigation, and themes for mobile WebKit browsers like iPhone, G1, and Pre.
- Easy to install. Get up and running in a few minutes.
- Entirely customizable with selector options
- Theme support, including default Apple and jQTouch custom themes
- Callback functions throughout, including swipe and orientation change detection
- Page history management and CSS3 page transitions, including 3d flip
- Easily allow apps to run in fullscreen mode with custom icons and startup screens
- The power of jQuery to build AJAX applications
- New demos: Clock and Todo
- By: Jonathan Stark
- Publisher: O’Reilly Media, Inc.
- Pub. Date: January 28, 2010 Â Most Recent Edition
- Print ISBN-13: 978−0−596−80578−4
- Pages in Print Edition: 192
What is PhoneGap?
MonoTouch allows developers to create C# and .NET based applications that run on Apple’s iPhone and Apple’s iPod Touch devices, while taking advantage of the iPhone APIs and reusing both code and libraries that have been built for .NET, as well as existing skills. The current release includes the new APIs in the new iPhoneOS as well as tool support and MonoDevelop support for developing iPad applications.
jQuery iPhone UI
Dashcode is everything you need to create great Dashboard widgets. Built from the ground up with widgets in mind, Dashcode makes it easy for even a novice programmer to create a widget, give it a professional look, and package it up so you and your friends can enjoy your creation
Xcode is Apple’s première development environment for Mac OS X. In addition to being packaged on the DVD with every copy of Mac OS X, the latest Xcode developer release is always available for free to ADC members and includes all the tools you need to create, debug, and optimize your applications. At the heart of the Xcode tools package is the Xcode IDE, a graphical workbench that tightly integrates a professional text editor, a robust build system, a debugger, and the powerful GCC compiler capable of targeting Intel and PowerPC regardless of host platform. Xcode is both easy to use, and yet powerful enough to build the largest Mac OS X applications. The complete Mac OS X developer tools chain is distributed as part of Xcode; these tools include Interface Builder, Instruments, Dashcode, the WebObjects framework, and the complete reference documentation, to name just a few.